Thursday 21 October 2010

Training #2 impressions

Befuddled by the observations from the two meetings I had to participate after today's training session I learned a new word. It intends to mean a person who is not "computer literate". You know that the European Commission made computer literacy a priority and puts it in the same row as "reading, writing and maths". The Commission considers media literacy (which is just another term for a converging technology meme) as an important factor for active citizenship in today's information society. The word I learnd sounded like "Digibet" and is mash up of digital and illiterate.

I don't know how I could drift of the subject of today's training but here I am. More news about the Classification structure of the Media Repository and the Social Media Strategy will be up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment