Wednesday 20 October 2010

What I did today

Today I visited some more people and talked with them about their work. The experience is close to uniform. It takes a lot of time to update even the most banal information. Most work is done in Frontpage in which some of them received training under the old web master. What surprises me is that all websites are up to date and the woman (predominantly) doing it are very well organized. A good indicator is their work space. Another good idea for making boring text more exciting is putting a random video after the first paragraph.

Maastricht University School of Business and Economics - SBE - Bachelor's Meeting from UMSBE on Vimeo.

Today I updated the Mockup and went over some of the technicalities like what terms to use for the media repository, sizes of banners and branding blocks and the navigational structure. I also updated one of the main sections on the SBE frontpage in a desperate attempt to make something visible. Branding Blocks are the new Ice cream. Everybody wants one and I have only three to give away. Besides the usual email war and the zero sum games that people play I have to write a communication strategy for the school. This will take another post so I will skip this.

Following up on last weeks training the first meetings start next weeks. I also try to find some way to get more people into the use/misuse of social media for marketing purposes. I started out with collecting some links to our delicious account. So everybody interested in How to use social media is welcome to have a look here.

I talked today about repetitive strain injury and what to do if someone suffers from it. It is damn serious and need immediate actions. If you went to your doctor and he diagnosed it there are some options within the school of business and economics that you might want to try. Visit Richard Thal/ACOhelp who can help you further.

No comments:

Post a Comment