Tuesday 22 November 2011

GX problem #5 #6 #7 22.11


Dear Servicedesk,

This is series of requests that I am going to issue the weeks to come. As remarked earlier I will write one email each. It concerns problems or challenges while in GX if not stated otherwise.

  1. I just came across an rather serious error in GX. Joanna from METEOR publishes an Agenda Item that contains a seminar. The seminar happens today but does not show up on the designated website. I fetch it using the MEDIA OVERVIEW on an otherwise empty page. The terms by which it filters the Media Repository Items are correct, Publication Date and Expiration Date is also correct and everything looks fine. But it does not show up on the correct page. Surprisingly when clicking on "More events" it suddenly does show up there. An experiment reveals the error. When I change the Start date of the seminar in question it shows up correctly on the page I want it to show up. It would be logical if changes to the Expiration Date would alter the visibility of the Agenda Item but this has no effect. The Item only shows up when I change the actual start date of the seminar regardless of the content of the expiration date.This is a serious error. It means that in order to display an Agenda Item using the MEDIA OVERVIEW one has to accept that events which happen today do not show up there. They do show up in the general AGENDA page (the one you arrive when clicking on "More events")
  2. I already mentioned this error on my blog here. And today I checked if the problem still exists. And the answer is yes. The media list items presentation mode “Brandingblock” delivers no satisfying result.
  3. I hope not to swamp you with my GX error tickets via the Servicedesk too throughout Alice’s rabbit hole. But I have some time and the bugs are really annoying. Here I have some more point I want to summarize in one mail rather than send more. As for the upcoming training in December 16, I want to register one person: XXXXXXXX As for the bug report on GX I must admit I have been a bit lazy but managed to make three snapshots of crashes, one with IE09 and the other with IE07 render engine. Attached you find the screenshots from which you can also see the date and time of the incident. I also checked Andres homework and its fine. But please wait before we can meet to think about the workflow model and the limitations I can apply to future users.
    Regarding the Workflow model in GX and how to apply it I would like to meet with you in person to discuss it. Please let me know when you have time to sit over a coffee for this.
Any answers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment