Monday 14 February 2011

A standard Problem in GX

A standard problem is a problem that yield no surprise. It's just there and not much can be done about it. The annoying thing is that there are so many standard problems that one gets easily confused if the problem is standard or serious. Because a serious problem demands a "Request for Change" and takes long to be solved. But lets start with the expectations. I expected to see something like this:
A Brandingblock is rendered like this. It consists of a line (1point) on the upper and right side and bulleting points. Althou this example shows a list I thought in my naivety this should somehow be true for Media List items. But the result looks completely different:
 
Altough I choose the correct presentation mode:



Why asks the engineer is the element rendered in the way it is and not how he expects it? That’s a standard problem. Any solution? 

This is an update to this problem I emailed to ICTS on 22.11.2011 as GX problem #6:









If you add a Media List item into the page after the first Separator you end up with what you see in the two screenshots.On the backend I added three news items to the media List and on the Frontend it looks quiet distorted. Now I don’t know What it should do if I put the presentation mode onto BRANDINGBLOCK but I am almost certain that the result is not what

I want to see. I hope this is ok as a description. On my blog post I provide screenshots of the same problem in more detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment