Thursday 14 October 2010

Impressions from the first training in GX

The first of several trainings is over and a lot was learned. People who will lay hands on the website did so under the supervision of three experts and myself. And as it turned out the result was very good indeed. Coffee and chocolate where only partly responsible for the relaxed mood during the three hours of hard core programming. It became clear I that it is not so easy as backing a vlaai but that it is not a miracle either. By the end of the training everybody enjoyed to be part of a team that will do a great job. And by the way, aren't we gorgeous?
For now I instructed everybody to register on two services we will use to work together on our website. I also put a short Resources Page together where all necessary information will be collected. Next week I will meet with everybody to discuss the gathering of the content for each department. This will be a lot of fun and the main task for the coming month for the community managers. I also had the change to give a short presentation that should explain why I am here and what my plan is. I put it up here for those of you who did not participate so that you don't miss out on anything.


1 comment: